There is blood on our hands again

(From the song 'Blood on our Hands' by Death From Above 1979).

What I'm clumsily trying to say is that here's a blog what I made whilst I should've been doing something better and that if you're reading it then you should be doing something better too. Also, the fact that you and I have the time and resources to respectively make and read this gumpf is why the World is so screwed.

02 July 2005

Missing the point....

I know live 8 is meant to be about ending poverty and all that stuff ;) but all the bands that were/(technically still are) playing all had beautiful basses... I want a new bass!

Been good watching it though... especially good was the amount of swearing that Snoop Dogg was doing and then Jonathon Ross' reaction. Managed to miss REM though... thanks to Liam for watching it and not letting me know it was on! Just have to wait till after the summit finishes to find out how little Bush will actually give in. I may be cynical and not expect anything much to come out of today's events but I know that they're important because otherwise people would do nothing. I'm not even entirely convinced that the British government actually really want to 'end' poverty anyway... it'll be quite easy to blame America when they fail to live up to people's expectations. Here's till that day though...

I walked home from the Heath in Cardiff to Taffs Well last night at half two in the morning... Took me and hour and a quarter and my legs were hurting after about ten minutes. I haven't exercised for a couple of days though so I'm writing it off as though it was planned. Before that though it was nice to see an old mate of mine, Mr. Thomas Goldman (who's band has a link on this here blog).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home