There is blood on our hands again

(From the song 'Blood on our Hands' by Death From Above 1979).

What I'm clumsily trying to say is that here's a blog what I made whilst I should've been doing something better and that if you're reading it then you should be doing something better too. Also, the fact that you and I have the time and resources to respectively make and read this gumpf is why the World is so screwed.

06 November 2005

NOTICEably peeved.

Work was cool on Friday, although I was given some fairly complicated stuff to do. Tomorrow I shall be expected to get in touch with some of these people... And that means ringing people up... *gulp*. Yeah, yeah, I can hear "Dave, stop being a wimp." But talking to strangers on the phone makes me nervous... They might not like me.

Anyways... Friday night was annoying and I managed to find some not entirely inappropriate anger/annoyance at everything in general. To put this in some kind of context, I'd been hoping all week to go out Friday night but had also promised to help my mate Andy move house... Because of this I had to go and get my car from parent's house. It was at my parent's house cos it was 'recovering' on their driveway after being violated by the criminal element of Cardiff (probably most people who live here... I'm not bitter... Who are you calling bitter?). So I got the bus from work to Cardiff train station, waited there for an expensive train and then went to my parent's place. It's always fun to go home for me... I generally find my family quite stressful and I'm perfectly willing to admit that it's mostly my fault that they stress me out.. But the fact remains.

So I got a bit stressed by my family. Then I got into my car and got even more pissed off. Chloe had been my pride and joy and then someone fucked with her and ruined it. Melodramatic maybe but you get attached to your car and I was attached to mine, now when I look at it I'm reminded that it's a security liability and damaged goods. When I get in the window and door don't work and it smells bad because the smashed window let in lots of rain and leaves and shit. Sigh... Then on the drive back home it was dark and wintry and absolutely pissing down with rain and the road I use has been taken over by the cone family and their seven hundred thousand relatives.

By this time I needed a drink... But I didn't have time for that... I had more driving to do (constantly inhaling horrible damp smells that remind me of my Chloe's violation). Cardiff centre is not the most fun place to drive around on a Friday night but then lugging boxes around isn't too much fun either.

I'm bored of describing Friday night now... Suffice it to say I got pissed off and shouldn't have done... But that's me.

Saturday was pretty good. Got lots of things accomplished and I was out of bed by half nine... On a SATURDAY!! Ahem.. I did the dishes, did my washing, cleaned the kitchen, took all the recycling to the depot (there was lots due to my car being out of action for two weeks), went to a greasy spoon café and had breakfast and then went shopping. After all this I half-heartedly watched Wales get beaten by New Zealand whilst drinking some wine and awaiting the arrival of Dave so we could go into town for his birthday celebration. He plum refused to let the fact that the city was going to be full of seventy thousand rugby fans dissuade him from his plans and so we eventually gave up trying to convince him of his folly. To his partial (I refuse to fully concede... cos I'm like that) credit we did find a restaurant and had a very nice Italian meal.

Today I handed in my notice at ASDA!!!!! Five and a half years!! People serve prison sentences less than that!! And for the last two years it's felt like a prison sentence...Self induced maybe but a prison sentence nonetheless. No more serving people chickens ("I don't want that one,onee of the wings are missing.") No more curries ("Can you put some more meat in there?") No more ham ("I don't want the top slice/have you got any fresher stuff?") No more cheese ("Can I have a taste of this one please? And this one...And this one..And this one...Never mind I'll buy some from the shelves") All I do is serve death...Murder...Animal flesh...People who moan to me about the flesh of an animal who they have caused to die (yes I know, not directly but they 'demand' meat so it is 'supplied'). It's a little soul destroying...But not for much longer! HAHAHAHAHA.

Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now - The Smiths
In my life,
Why do I smile,
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?

Well not anymore!
Anyway... It was a tiring day and slightly more annoying than normal cos I know I don't need to be there anymore. Don't get me wrong though, it hasn't all been bad... I've met some great people and made some friends... I shall miss most of the colleagues there. Some people were cockbags but the same is true of every walk of life... I think I was lucky to work with such a great bunch of people but I'm very happy to be leaving!
That's enough for tonight I think.

Now listening to:
No Cities Left - The Dears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home